Washington Park Gazebo
The block where Washington Park is located today was one of the original 35 blocks plotted out in 1833 when the city was founded. The first Church and first jail in Iowa were located on this land. In 1877, the City Council had all the buildings on the block torn down and converted the land to a city park. A 40-foot-high Oriental gazebo was built on the grounds for $200. By the beginning of the 20th century, the gazebo was gone. Later, during the 1970's, the park underwent an extensive restoration. A new steel 3/4 size replica of the original gazebo was placed on this site.
- Metal Options: Available in sterling silver, gold and platinum.
- Item Cost:: $40